I have been struggling. I know I'm not alone. Living in a pandemic, with persistant social injustices, increasing environmental injustices, and a sudden lack of agreement on what TRUTH even is-- is... stressful.
And like many I'm sure, my struggles have been layered.
- Tensions amongst those you live with who suddenly fill new roles for you, and expect you to fill new roles for them.
- Feeling like the world is spiraling out of control
- Feeling hopeless
- Constantly changing routines make it hard to keep habits
- Things being cancelled or moved to an online platform that is confusing or not fulfilling
I've tried a few things...
As I have done for the last several months, I looked forward to the weekend. I had a relaxing Friday night that I felt I didn't deserve (because of not checking off to-do list boxes during the week), and I committed to doing ALL the things I couldn't muster the motivation to do during the hours that someone might hold me accountable, during the freedom of the weekend. Particularly this one BIG project that I have had MONTHS to work on, but have only barely tapped into. For this big project, which was created from an idea that *I* pitched to a company across the pond that knew nothing about me, we have been meeting every other week to check in. Two weeks ago my world was turned on its head so I cancelled that meeting in anticipation that I would finally do the work in the coming weeks.
- Email my boss my plan for the week to hold myself accountable
-Get on to the next chapter about how to change my behaviors
Now, close this window, get off facebook, and write your own blog. I expect to read it in 24 hours ;)