Sunday, January 3, 2016

2015 ~


I typically look forward to the end of each year as a moment of pause and reflection. As was indicative of this year, however, my reflection process for 2015 was slightly different. Nevertheless, for anyone who cares (probably just myself in 1-10 years), here was my 2015 in a slightly statistical summary. 

This has been a huge year of growth for me. I don’t think I’ve fully wrapped my head around it yet. I separated from my partner of 5 years, and I got my first full time job- but there were dozens of accomplishments in between. Most of them came in the form of a simple phrase that I waited years to hear, or a minute action that I doted on for days.
Not surprisingly, I’ve recapped one of the most dramatic years of my life with a series of lists.

Films I saw:
                 In Theaters
Merchants of Doubt
Goosebumps
Mad Max: Fury Road
Jurassic World
Inside Out <3
The Hobbit
Into the Woods
Everest
Sufferegets
                Online/On DVD
The Squid and the Whale
Circo
Chappie
Brothers Karamazov
Horse Whisperer
Boyhood
Fault in our Stars
Woody Allen**
Some others I’ve forgotten

TV shows I started (Damn you people)
Sons of Anarchy
Idiot Abroad 
A bunch of others I only watched a few episodes of. Thank god I don't have a TV. 

Books I Read
Thanks to the tracker on Goodreads, I can tell that I only achieved 50% of my book goal to read 14 books. I read about 2,000 pages in many different genres...
Here they are in order of my favorite to least favorite. 

Lolita (re-read)
House of Leaves (re-read)
The Universe Within
The Boy who Harnessed the Wind
The Bean Trees
Shakespeare: The World as a Stage
Letters to a Young Scientist

States I visited
Twas a relatively limited nomadic year for me, but I did get to cross a new US state off the list (WA). New Mexico, Texas, Washington, Oregon, Colorado and Arizona were visited or lived in by me this year.

(I lost count on these two, so I’m estimating…hoping to keep better track for my own nerdy knowledge in 2016.)
Total number of showers in 2015- approx. 75
Times I used the clothes washer: (not counting laundering ALL the tents for work): 26

Biggest Embarrassment: being forever known as Fan #12 …

Fitness Goals? 25 pushups (check—I did 31 in front of a group of high school boys this summer. Motivation!) 5 pull-ups (I did 6!), 100 burpees in under 8:00 (If I didn’t achieve this, I came really close. I’ll do a better job of keeping track in 2016.

Most Memorable Moment(s): Hiking Keet Seel, watching cicadas emerge, summiting Mt. Wheeler with CJ, talking about my future position while walking around the “other” perimeter with Kris, camping on the Mesa, Portland/Washington trip, reconnecting with old friends. 


I’m expecting 2016 to behold lots of long hours and hard work. Gut-busting laughter. Intimate weddings of people I love dearly, and some engagements of others. New tattoos (knuckles? forearms?), and continuing the transition into an entirely hooded wardrobe. And perhaps, but hopefully not, finding a new place of residence. One thing I am positive of, is that 2016 is going to be an expensive year. I intend to really strengthen myself in all aspects. Bring it, 2016!



1 comment: